- Klaus Teuber. German board game designer. Published titles include The Settlers of Catan series and Barbarossa.
- Reiner Knizia. One of the most prolific German board game designers, with over 200 published titles, including Tigris & Euphrates, Keltis, Poison, Ra, and Lost Cities.
- Alan R. Moon. Game designer and organizer of the Gathering of Friends board gaming convention. Published titles include Elfenland, the Ticket to Ride series, and Diamant.
- Friedemann Friese. German board game designer, and owner of 2F-Spiele. A healthy obsession with the color green and the letter "F." Titles include Power Grid ("Funkenschlag"), Fiji, Fauna, and Fast Flowing Forest Fellers.
- Donald X. Vaccarino. Creator of Dominion and winner of the 2009 Spiel des Jahres (Game of the Year) award.
- Nick Kellet. Creator of GiftTRAP, awarded a special Spiel des Jahres Party Game of the Year award for 2009.
- Matt Leacock. Creator of Pandemic (2008 GAMES Magazine Family Game of the Year) and Roll through the Ages.
- Peter Hawes. An Australian physician and board game designer. Titles include Colonial Diplomacy and Heads of State.
- Kory Heath. Game designer whose titles include Zendo, Uptown, and Werewolf for the iPhone.
- Stephen Glenn. Titles include You Must Be An Idiot and the Spiel de Jahres-nominated Balloon Cup.
- Greg Lam. Board game designer and founder of Pair-of-Dice Games. Titles include Warp 6, Knockabout, and Restaurant Row.
- Bryan Johnson. Designer of Huang Di, in which players work to build the Great Wall of China.
- Christophe Boelinger. Designer of the Dungeon Twister series.
- Gordon and Fraser Lamont. Scottish brothers designing board games together under the Fragor Games label. Published titles include Shear Panic, Snow Tails, and Savannah Tails.
- Corey Konieczka. Designer for Fantasy Flight Games. Titles include the World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Middle-Earth Quest, and Battlestar Galactica board games.
- Jay Tummelson, CEO and creator of Rio Grande Games, one of the larger American publishers who translate German games and bring them to the United States. Titles include Puerto Rico, Carcassonne, Dominion, Balloon Cup, and Lost Cities.
- Mark Kaufmann, Vice President and one of the founders of Days of Wonder. Titles include Ticket to Ride and Small World.
- Alexander Yeager, Production Liaison for Mayfair Games. Titles include The Settlers of Catan series.
- Zev "Z-Man" Shlasinger. Owner of Z-Man Games. Titles include Dungeon Lords and Shadowfist
- Peter Eggert. Head of eggertspiele, a German board games publisher. Titles include Sherwood Forest, Heads of State, and Cuba.
- Anthony Gallela, Bucephalus Games. Titles include Living Labyrinth, Rorschach, Dogfight, and The Pickle Game.
- Eric Martin. Editor of Board Game News, a news and reviews website for designer gaming.
- Tom Vasel. Host of The Dice Tower, a podcast about tabletop games.
- Dan Yarrington. Owner of Myriad Games, a board game store in Salem, NH and Manchester, NH.
- Brandon "Rym" DeCoster and Scott Rubin. Hosts of Geek Nights and designer board game enthusiasts.
- Scott Nicholson. Host of the infamous Board Games with Scott podcast and champion for the cause of games in libraries.
- Derk Solko. Co-founder of BoardGameGeek.com, haven for board game lovers and home of the top board games list.
- Nick Medinger, Manager of Funagain.com, a site with a wide selection of designer board games.
- Dave Bernazzani. Organizer of the annual Unity Games gaming event in Woburn, Massachusetts.
- Rick Thornquist, creator of BoardgameNews.
- James and Sheila Davis. Board game afficianados with a collection of over 10,000 titles.
- Constantine von Hoffman. A journalist and/or comedian...and/or board gamer.